Hello! This is my blog. Read it already!

Monday, April 14, 2008

Super Movie Weekend Extravaganza!

Over the weekend I saw three movies, in this order:

The Girl Next Door
This is one of those movies that plays a song when it doesn't know where the plot should go...every 15 seconds. But Emile Hirsch is charming, Elisha Cuthbert is hot (but less charming), and it has the whole last days of high school thing going for it. I am a sucker for a dumb high school movie.

No Country for Old Men
Kind of a no brainer that this movie is awesome. I had to look at the FAQ's on the movie's IMDB page afterward because I am kind of slow.

Little Children
At first, the narration of Little Children irked me, but the over-arching creepiness slowly washed over me until the voiceover seemed natural. The sets looked fake (I think intentionally), and the actors seemed to "act" as if they were in a play. But I like that sort of thing.

1 comment:

Pixie said...

I really liked Little Children. Definitely watched that one without the dude, though.
I just rented NCfOM-- I bet I will need a study guide as well. I M slo-er then u.

My photo
email: mishka.frances at gmail dot com.

Blog Archive