Hello! This is my blog. Read it already!

Monday, March 3, 2008

JuNo, No, No

I know that a lot of writers on the internets didn't like Juno when it first came out in theaters. Now that Diablo Cody won an Oscar, they EXTRA don't like it.

But I stand by my assertion that I would watch Juno 100 times. Looking forward to it, even!

However, this post on Stuff White People Like does make me feel really, really dumb. And really white.

From #57 Juno:
...the film takes place in a fictional suburban town in Minnesota, but imagine the same storyline in say West Baltimore or Socorro, TX. My guess is that there would be less qurkiness, less acoustic guitar and zero references to Dario Argento.

Some other posts with snippets that I (a white person!!!) liked:

#38 Arrested Development
Firstly, since the show was cancelled before it jumped the shark, it’s effectively like a rocker that dies at 27.

#26 Manhattan (now Brooklyn too!)
Often times if you ask a white person about where to travel, you will get a lot of responses. But if you ask them about New York, white people will go nuts. They love the city universally and all either live there, have lived there, will live there or want to live there.

#1 Coffee
I promise you that the first person at your school to drink coffee was a white person. You could kind of tell they didn’t enjoy it, but they did it anyways until they liked it - like cigarettes.

1 comment:

About Minnie said...

White people love Obama too.

My photo
email: mishka.frances at gmail dot com.

Blog Archive